Our staff will contact you by phone a few days prior to surgery to obtain personal, financial and medial information. It is important that we talk to you before your surgery. If you have not been contacted by us a day or two before surgery, please call us after 8:30am at 808-528-2511 and ask for pre-registration.
Return to Top
Food and Drink
Do not drink or eat anything after midnight on the night before your surgery-not even coffee or water. This will reduce the possibility of nausea and vomiting following anesthesia. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything. Refrain from the use of mints, chewing gum or cigarettes. If you take heart medication, please consult your physician prior to your day or surgery for instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your surgery.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home. We cannot be repsonsible for valuables that you do not declare on our valuables form prior to your surgery.
Return to Top
Notify Your Surgeon and Surgicare of Hawaii If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
- Please discuss the need for any durable medical equipment such as crutches, walkers, knee braces or slings prior to your date of surgery.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, picture ID, a form of payment for co-pay, a case for your contact lenses or glasses, a list of your daily medications and allergies, a copy of your living will or advance directive if you have one, any necessary claim forms, and money or credit card to cover any prescriptions.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. You will be asked for the name and contact information for this person when you check in. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact your doctor’s office or the facility as soon as possible.
Return to Top